The Hall effect sensor is a transducer that varies its output voltage in response to a magnetic field.
Features of Hall Effect Sensor:
- Such a switch costs less than a mechanical switch and is much more reliable.
- It can be operated up to 100 kHz.
- It does not suffer from contact bounce because a solid-state switch with hysteresis is used rather than a mechanical contact.
- It is not affected by environmental contaminants.
- It can measure a wide range of magnetic fields.
- Motor control
- Rotary encoder
- Ferrous metal detector
- Current sensing
- Position sensing
- Speed Detection.